AG Policies during the Coronavirus epidemic (updated Wednesday 27 May 1.00 pm)
We are very conscious that Spring is normally a great time for home renovations. Not so in 2020! Many families with plans for a new kitchen are going to find that it takes much longer than usual to bring those plans to full realization due to the Coronavirus / Covid-19. Even so, we want to be as helpful as possible, especially for those in our area who are looking for high quality, solid stone, granite and quartz worktops. This post and the image on our front page will be updated as things change. We hope that we will still be able to work with you on your kitchen, even if the whole job does become delayed.
Partial re-opening guidelines May 2020
Affordable Granite is now partially reopen, in accordance with the latest UK government guidelines.
This is not a full, normal service resumed, re-opening.
The protection of our staff and customers remains at the forefront of our decision-making. We have brought back a skeleton staff to enable us to fit worktops for people who are without working kitchens, or where new build sites need to be finished. This work will only be undertaken where we can confirm that the following guidelines will be adhered to:
Return to work of Affordable Granite Staff
- A full workforce will not be brought back until such time as we can guarantee enough ongoing work to support it.
- Where our own staff are classified as “at risk” or where they have vulnerable people in their family, they will only return when fully happy to do so.
- Our staff may only work if they have been Covid symptom-free for 14 days.
Showroom and Customer Visits on John Lory Farm
- The showroom and factory are partially open to visitors but we have limited staff and visitor slots for the foreseeable future.
- Only one household may visit at a time; we have available three two-hour slots per day, pre-booked only.
- Customers may only visit if they and their household have been Covid symptom free for 14 days.
- Social-distancing rules must be adhered to i.e. two metres between staff and customers must be maintained and customers may be asked to wear PPE.
- Where customers need to go into the workshop to view specific slabs, these will be arranged at the back by the rear shutter or on the viewing tables where social distancing can be maintained. We apologise that we do not at present have staffing to pull out additional slabs which may have drawn your interest.
Supply-Only and Supply & Deliver jobs
- Supply-only work will be undertaken only where the customer knows and orders the material that they want. (We do not yet have adequate staff to support visits to look at different material options.)
- Supply-only work will only take place where the customer can collect AND LOAD for themselves.
- Customers can only collect supply-only jobs if they are Covid symptom-free and have been for 14 days.
- Delivery options will be extremely limited at this time and AG will only deliver to Covid symptom-free households (14 days clear) .
- The site or household must have been free from Covid symptoms for at least 14 days.
- Customers must cancel appointments if Covid symptoms develop after the arrangement of the appointment. This will not be chargeable.
- The templater will work alone in the kitchen; both the home owner and other tradespeople need to be out of that room while our staff member is present.
- The customer will be given the opportunity to discuss specific requirements re overhangs etc., but social distancing rules will apply.
- Our staff must and will take their own precautions, wearing gloves, using hand sanitiser, washing hands at the earliest opportunity etc.
- If for any reason the templater is not happy with, for instance, distances from other trades etc., they will leave the site. The aborted visit will be chargeable according to our standard terms and conditions.
- Due to a reduced workforce, lead times between templating and delivery may be extended beyond our normal standards.
- Fitters working as a team must be confident that their partner and his household is free from Covid symptoms and has been for 14 days.
- Customers must cancel the installation appointment if Covid symptoms develop after the arrangement of the appointment. This will not be chargeable.
- Our fitters will work alone in the kitchen; both the home owner and other tradespeople need to be out of that room while our staff member is present.
- Any communication with the householder or site manager, such as discussions regarding final upstand layout etc., will follow social distancing rules.
- The customer will be given the opportunity to check the installation and discuss any issues and maintenance guidelines etc. once the AG installers have finished. Social distancing rules will apply.
- Installers must and will take their own precautions, wearing gloves, using hand sanitiser, washing hands at the earliest opportunity etc.
- If for any reason the installers are not happy i.e. with distances from other trades etc , they will leave the site and this will be chargeable as per an aborted template visit.
We also now have a skeleton staff working in the office, and we are able to deal with phone calls and emails at some level. Please bear with us, though, if responses take longer than usual.
Please use any of our email, phone, or online chat facilities to contact us:
Phone: 01293 863992
Online Chat: Click on the floating, orange Live Chat tab on your browser. This facility will not always be available.
For current NHS advice on avoiding and dealing with infection by the virus, please see here.
For detailed information on the government’s action plans and their basis, please see, amongst other government sites, here.
Finally, if you are stuck at home in self-isolation, you can still take a look at our website and have a dream about those new granite worktops!
We are Affordable Granite, the leading granite and quartz worktop installer in Surrey, Sussex and across the South East. As we face this unprecedented health crisis in our country, we are committed to serving our community as well as we can, and seeking to preserve the health, safety and livelihoods of our own staff and of those around us. For questions, queries and quotes connected with any aspect of worktop installation or kitchen design, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01293 863992 or by email on email@example.com/ .