Following the Government’s progressive relaxation of lockdown restrictions, “non-essential retail” premises can now reopen. Our showroom is therefore open to the public again, by appointment ONLY, subject to the guidelines below. Please read on for further detail. Here’s hoping that we have seen the last of lockdowns!
Please note that Offcut Work (Supply Only and Supply and Deliver) is in abeyance for the time being. See below.
In line with the government position on work that is part of the construction sector, we have been able to operate through the pandemic. On-site fitting in people’s homes is subject to the regulations and recommendations as laid down in the document working in other peoples’ homes. Covid disciplines on site are obviously as necessary as ever. We would remind customers that as the contractor, you are responsible for maintaining health and safety standards on your site. Specifically, our fitters have instructions to leave premises where other trades or the customer do not allow them to work with adequate distancing.
The protection of our staff and customers remains at the forefront of our decision-making. Our work will only be undertaken where we can confirm that the guidelines that follow will be adhered to.
This is a tough time for all, and some other businesses have faced a harder time than the building and home improvement sector. Take care, stay well, and we look forward to your contact if you have any needs for solid stone – granite or quartz.
Availability of Affordable Granite Staff
- Our staff may only work if they have been Covid symptom-free for 14 days.
General enquiries and quotations via phone and email
- Our office is functioning normally for remote sales enquiries (email, telephone, online chat) and administrating the business.
Showroom and Customer Visits on John Lory Farm
- The showroom and warehouse are open for visitors but by appointment only. We have limited visitor slots for the foreseeable future.
- Customers may only visit if they and their household have been Covid symptom-free for 14 days.
- Only one person or household group may visit at a time; we have available three two-hour slots per day, pre-booked only.
- We ask that visitors either log their presence using the NHS Covid App or fill in our Covid Visitors’ Book so that we can assist the NHS Test and Trace service should any customer or staff member fall ill.
- Social-distancing rules must be adhered to.
- Customers are required to wear a face-covering. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, please mention this on arrival.
- Where customers need to go into the workshop to view slabs, these will generally be arranged at the back near the rear shutter or on the viewing tables where social distancing can be readily maintained.
Supply-Only and Supply & Deliver jobs
- Due to enormous demand during the lockdown period, we are currently unable to offer a Supply Only, Supply and Deliver or any other Offcut-based service.
- The site or household must have been free from Covid symptoms for at least 14 days.
- Customers must cancel appointments if Covid symptoms develop after the arrangement of the appointment. This will not be chargeable.
- The templater will work alone in the kitchen; both the home owner and other tradespeople need to be out of that room while our staff member is present.
- The customer will be given the opportunity to discuss specific requirements re overhangs etc., but social distancing rules will apply.
- Our staff must and will take their own precautions, wearing gloves, using hand sanitiser, washing hands at the earliest opportunity etc.
- Please bear in mind that traditional (physical) templating may not be easy to do with a mask on. Your templater may need to remove his mask while in your home.
- If for any reason the templater is not happy with, for instance, distances from other trades etc., they will leave the site. The aborted visit will be chargeable according to our standard terms and conditions.
- Due to possible Covid-related isolations or restrictions, please be aware that lead times between templating and delivery may be extended beyond our normal standards.
- Fitters working as a team must be confident that their partner and his household is free from Covid symptoms and has been for 14 days.
- Customers must cancel the installation appointment if Covid symptoms develop in the household after the arrangement of the appointment. This will not be chargeable.
- Our fitters will work alone in the kitchen; both the home owner and other tradespeople need to be out of that room while our staff member is present.
- Any communication with the householder or site manager, such as discussions regarding final upstand layout etc., will follow social distancing rules.
- The customer will be given the opportunity to check the installation and discuss any issues and maintenance guidelines etc. once the AG installers have finished. Social distancing rules will apply.
- Installers must and will take their own precautions, wearing gloves, using hand sanitiser, washing hands at the earliest opportunity etc.
- Please bear in mind that installing stone worktops is immensely physical work and is not easy to do with a mask on. Your fitters may need to remove their masks while in your home.
- If for any reason the installers are not happy i.e. with distances from other trades etc , they will leave the site and this will be chargeable as per an aborted template visit.
We also now have a full staff working in the office, and we are able to deal with phone calls and emails at a normal level.
Please use any of our email, phone, or online chat facilities to contact us:
Phone: 01293 863992
Online Chat: Click on the floating, orange Live Chat tab on your browser. This facility will not always be available, but we will respond if able to.
For current NHS advice on avoiding and dealing with infection by the virus, please see here.
For detailed information on the government’s action plans and their basis, please see, amongst other government sites, here.
Finally, if you are stuck at home in self-isolation, you can still take a look at our website and have a dream about those new granite worktops!
We are Affordable Granite, the leading granite and quartz worktop installer in Surrey, Sussex and across the South East. As we face this unprecedented health crisis in our country, we are committed to serving our community as well as we can, and seeking to preserve the health, safety and livelihoods of our own staff and of those around us. For questions, queries and quotes connected with any aspect of worktop installation or kitchen design, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01293 863992 or by email on email@example.com/ .