Happy New Year! Following the Government’s announcement of a further National lockdown on 5th January, we have again reassessed our own current practice. There are few material changes since the 21st December revision, but we are seeking to redouble our efforts to be careful. As such, we are open for email and telephone sales, for work in our factory, and on-site in people’s homes, all in accordance with the latest UK government guidelines. Our showroom, however, is now closed for the foreseeable future. Please read on for further detail.
The government position on our work is that, as part of the construction sector, we can continue to operate in all other respects. On-site fitting in people’s homes is subject to the regulations and recommendations as laid down in the document working in other peoples’ homes. Covid disciplines on site are obviously as necessary as ever: some of our regular areas of work in Surrey and South London now have very high infection rates. We would remind customers that as the contractor, you are responsible for maintaining health and safety standards on your site. Specifically, our fitters have instructions to leave premises where other trades or the customer do not allow them to work with adequate distancing.
The protection of our staff and customers remains at the forefront of our decision-making. Our work will only be undertaken where we can confirm that the guidelines that follow will be adhered to.
This is a tough time for all, and some other businesses are facing a far harder winter than the building and home improvement sector. Take care, stay well, and we look forward to your contact if you have any needs for solid stone – granite or quartz.
Availability of Affordable Granite Staff
- Our staff may only work if they have been Covid symptom-free for 14 days.
Showroom and Customer Visits on John Lory Farm
- Our office is functioning more or less normally for remote sales enquiries (email, telephone, online chat) and administrating the business. However, we have one member of staff working from home already and this may change, limiting our capacity for dealing with enquiries. Please bear with us.
- The showroom and warehouse are closed for visitors until further notice.
- We recognise that some of our work cannot proceed without customer inspection of slabs. This will NOT be for browsing through materials, but for inspection and approval of specific slabs already chosen in a remote sales process
- Where customers need to visit to view specific slabs, these will be arranged at the back of the warehouse in the open air at the open rear shutter.
- We ask for and will retain contact information for any such visitors in order to assist in the NHS Test and Trace service should any customer or staff member fall ill.
- Customers may only visit if they and their household have been Covid symptom-free for 14 days.
- Social-distancing rules must be adhered to.
- Customers are required to wear a face-covering. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, please mention this on arrival.
Supply-Only and Supply & Deliver jobs
- We are unable able to offer a Supply Only service. We have to restrict visits to the farm where we work; there are vulnerable people on site.
- We can offer a limited number of Supply and Deliver slots.
- Customers can only collect supply-only jobs if they are Covid symptom-free and have been for 14 days. Full social distancing will apply on picking up the products.
- Delivery options remain limited; AG will only deliver to Covid symptom-free households (14 days clear) and observing the government regulations for working in other people’s homes. Ideally we would prefer to deliver to a point outside the property and for the customer to arrange to carry the product onto the premises.
- The site or household must have been free from Covid symptoms for at least 14 days.
- Customers must cancel appointments if Covid symptoms develop after the arrangement of the appointment. This will not be chargeable.
- The templater will work alone in the kitchen; both the home owner and other tradespeople need to be out of that room while our staff member is present.
- The customer will be given the opportunity to discuss specific requirements re overhangs etc., but social distancing rules will apply.
- Our staff must and will take their own precautions, wearing gloves, using hand sanitiser, washing hands at the earliest opportunity etc.
- Please bear in mind that traditional (physical) templating may not be easy to do with a mask on. Your templater may need to remove his mask while in your home.
- If for any reason the templater is not happy with, for instance, distances from other trades etc., they will leave the site. The aborted visit will be chargeable according to our standard terms and conditions.
- Due to possible Covid-related isolations or restrictions, please be aware that lead times between templating and delivery may be extended beyond our normal standards.
- Fitters working as a team must be confident that their partner and his household is free from Covid symptoms and has been for 14 days.
- Customers must cancel the installation appointment if Covid symptoms develop in the household after the arrangement of the appointment. This will not be chargeable.
- Our fitters will work alone in the kitchen; both the home owner and other tradespeople need to be out of that room while our staff member is present.
- Any communication with the householder or site manager, such as discussions regarding final upstand layout etc., will follow social distancing rules.
- The customer will be given the opportunity to check the installation and discuss any issues and maintenance guidelines etc. once the AG installers have finished. Social distancing rules will apply.
- Installers must and will take their own precautions, wearing gloves, using hand sanitiser, washing hands at the earliest opportunity etc.
- Please bear in mind that installing stone worktops is immensely physical work and is not easy to do with a mask on. Your fitters may need to remove their masks while in your home.
- If for any reason the installers are not happy i.e. with distances from other trades etc , they will leave the site and this will be chargeable as per an aborted template visit.
We also now have a full staff working in the office, and we are able to deal with phone calls and emails at a normal level. Please bear with us, though, if responses take longer than usual, as the enquiries for the first half of the year seem to be coming in during the second half!
Please use any of our email, phone, or online chat facilities to contact us:
Phone: 01293 863992
Online Chat: Click on the floating, orange Live Chat tab on your browser. This facility will not always be available, but we will respond if able to.
For current NHS advice on avoiding and dealing with infection by the virus, please see here.
For detailed information on the government’s action plans and their basis, please see, amongst other government sites, here.
Finally, if you are stuck at home in self-isolation, you can still take a look at our website and have a dream about those new granite worktops!
We are Affordable Granite, the leading granite and quartz worktop installer in Surrey, Sussex and across the South East. As we face this unprecedented health crisis in our country, we are committed to serving our community as well as we can, and seeking to preserve the health, safety and livelihoods of our own staff and of those around us. For questions, queries and quotes connected with any aspect of worktop installation or kitchen design, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01293 863992 or by email on email@example.com/ .