With the relaxation of the Covid Plan-B restrictions today and next Thursday, we are all able to breathe a little more freely. However, as noted on our front page banner, so long as there is any need for restruction or care, and while the government recommends the use of a face-covering when strangers meet indoors, we will continue to use masks during customer visits. Our office and showroom will also continue an appointment-only policy for visitors. On-site fitting in people’s homes will still be subject to the regulations and recommendations as laid down in the document working in other peoples’ homes. so long as it remains in force – at the time of writing the government website doesn’t offer clarity on this point.
Availability of Affordable Granite Staff
- Our staff may only work if allowed to under the government’s present rules for self-isolation.
General enquiries and quotations via phone and email
- Our office is functioning normally for remote sales enquiries (email, telephone, online chat) and administrating the business.
Showroom and Customer Visits on John Lory Farm
- Unless illness or staff shortages prevent it, our showroom and warehouse are open for visitors, by appointment only.
- Customers may only visit if allowed to under the government’s present rules for self-isolation.
- We ask that only one person or household group visit at a time.
- We ask that visitors either log their presence using the NHS Covid App or fill in our Covid Visitors’ Book so that we can assist the NHS Test and Trace service should any customer or staff member fall ill.
- We still try to adhere to sensible social-distancing.
- Customers are politely asked to wear a face-covering in line with the continuing government recommendation to do so. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, please mention this.
Supply-Only and Supply & Deliver jobs
- Supply-only work is being undertaken on a normal basis.
- Customers can only collect supply-only jobs if allowed to under the government’s present rules for self-isolation.
- Delivery options remain limited; AG will only deliver to Covid symptom-free households.
- The site or household must have been free from Covid symptoms for at least 10 days.
- Customers must cancel appointments if Covid symptoms develop after the arrangement of the appointment. This will not be chargeable.
- The templater will work alone in the kitchen; we ask that both the home owner and other tradespeople are out of that room while our staff member is present.
- The customer will be given the opportunity to discuss specific requirements re overhangs etc.
- Our staff must and will take their own precautions, wearing gloves, using hand sanitiser, washing hands at the earliest opportunity etc.
- Please bear in mind that templating and other work we undertake may not be easy to do with a mask on. Your templater may well remove his mask while in your home.
- If for any reason the templater is not happy with, for instance, distances from other trades etc., they will leave the site. The aborted visit will be chargeable according to our standard terms and conditions.
- Due to possible Covid-related isolations or restrictions, please be aware that lead times between templating and delivery may be extended beyond our normal standards.
- Fitters working as a team must be confident that their partner and his household is allowed to work under the government’s present rules for self-isolation.
- Customers must cancel the installation appointment if Covid symptoms develop in the household after the arrangement of the appointment. This will not be chargeable.
- Our fitters will work alone in the kitchen; both the home owner and other tradespeople need to be out of that room while our staff member is present.
- Any communication with the householder or site manager, such as discussions regarding final upstand layout etc., should follow reasonable social distancing rules and/or involve masks.
- The customer will be given the opportunity to check the installation and discuss any issues and maintenance guidelines etc. once the AG installers have finished. Social distancing rules will apply.
- Installers must and will take their own precautions, wearing gloves, using hand sanitiser, washing hands at the earliest opportunity etc.
- Please bear in mind that installing stone worktops is immensely physical work and is not easy to do with a mask on. Your fitters will need to remove their masks while in your home.
- If for any reason the installers are not happy i.e. with distances from other trades etc , they will leave the site and this will be chargeable as per an aborted template visit.
We also now have a full staff working in the office, and we are able to deal with phone calls and emails at a normal level.
Please use any of our email, phone, or online chat facilities to contact us:
Phone: 01293 863992
Online Chat: Click on the floating, orange Live Chat tab on your browser. This facility will not always be available, but we will respond if able to.
For current NHS advice on avoiding and dealing with infection by the virus, please see here.
For detailed information on the government’s action plans and their basis, please see, amongst other government sites, here.
Finally, if you are stuck at home in self-isolation, you can still take a look at our website and have a dream about those new granite worktops!
We are Affordable Granite, the leading granite and quartz worktop installer in Surrey, Sussex and across the South East. As we face this unprecedented health crisis in our country, we are committed to serving our community as well as we can, and seeking to preserve the health, safety and livelihoods of our own staff and of those around us. For questions, queries and quotes connected with any aspect of worktop installation or kitchen design, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01293 863992 or by email on email@example.com/ .