AG Worktop Exchange
Why exchange your worktops?
Worktops are the crowning glory to any kitchen, but they are subjected to some pretty hard use. Tired laminate or rotten wood can be the most harmful to the overall aesthetics of the kitchen; damaging opportunities for renting or selling or just for our own pride in our own home. Changing the worktops can give a tired kitchen a completely new lease of life for another 20+ years.
We have had a Frequently Asked Questions article about replacing your worktops with solid stone (granite or quartz) for years but it is only at the close of 2023 that we have started to offer an all-inclusive package to help customers with the complexities and pitfalls of an exchange. We also have an article explaining why installing real, solid stone is so much better than the so-called “granite transformation” which overlays existing laminate worktops with a layer of plastic-based material.
There are lots of reasons why customers may want to change their worktops but here are some from our customers;
- The existing worktops are tatty or have burn marks.
- The customers have just moved property and the kitchen is not to their taste. They are going to paint the doors of the kitchen but want a new bright fresh worktop to go with that.
- They want to change the existing sink to an undermounted or Belfast style sink.
- The wooden surround to the existing Belfast sink hasn’t been maintained and is starting to rot.
- The kitchen has dark black worktops and it is making the room seem dark
- They want to change the hob to a larger one.
- The kitchen needs an upgrade but they don’t want to do a total replacement of the units , due to expense/ upheaval/ better for the environment.
Why choose AG Worktop Exchange?
- Free site assessment giving peace of mind (£75 to areas outside of our most common postcodes)
- Fast turn around times from templating to installation – often only a couple of days from template to fit with a worktop exchange
- Links with other trades. We work a lot with other trades so can guide to you to suppliers for other parts of the kitchen and can arrange the gas and plumbing connections so that the whole exchange can be done well within one weak , minimising inconvenience.
- Extremely experienced Sales team to help you choose the best worktops for your exchange.
- Access to a wide range of natural stone, ceramic and quartz worktops.
- Own stock range of quartz and granite to choose from.
- Digital templating expertise.
- Extremely experienced stonemasons manufacture and installing the worktops.
- Excellent customer service and Aftercare provided.
AG Worktop Exchange: The process
- If possible the AG sales team will provide a quotation based on customers photos/ measurements.
- Payment of deposit which includes non-refundable assessment fee.
- Site assessment
- Any changes to pricing to be approved.
- Arrangement of trades for disconnection and reconnection of services
- Make sure of any materials/ sink/ tap to be ordered.
- Once all the above is in place confirm dates with customer.
- Disconnection of services/ removal of worktops on agreed date.
- Manufacture of worktops
- Return to install new worktops as soon as possible
- Reconnection of services
- Payment of balance.
We are Affordable Granite, the leading granite installer in Surrey, Sussex and across the South East. We are proud of our expertise and craftsmanship – from being able to give you good, honest advice before you buy, right through to installation and leaving everything spot on at the end. And our customer service and after sales care keep on giving – an AG worktop exchange can spruce up your kitchen when it begins to look tired and worn. For questions, queries and quotes connected with any aspect of worktop installation or kitchen design, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 01293 863992 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org/ .